Digital radio technology has changed the way organisations implement and use land mobile radio systems. One of the most exciting advances is the inclusion of global positioning information (GPS) within the radio network. This has led to the ability to integrate location services with radio dispatch systems, resulting in technology that can substantially enhance the way organisations work and deliver improvements in safety and productivity. However, solutions can be implemented at various levels and consideration needs to be made for the solution architecture and the goals of the organisation.
Through practical demonstrations, this workshop will cover the principles of effective location services including:
- The methods of harvesting radio location data into a radio management system
- Radio interoperability considerations
- Mapping types, access methods and challenges
- The different tiers of solutions from simple live display to comprehensive management consoles
- Benefits of integrating with dispatch consoles including integration with third-party GIS
- Key features such as geofencing, alerts, logging and historical route tracing
- Use and benefits of centralised data.