This workshop is aimed at local government, small NGOs, businesses and independent groups that are looking to build and deliver a small, two-way, land mobile radio (LMR) network. This independent workshop will offer an insight into the requirements at an operational and technology level and is not manufacturer or vendor specific. It will use Surf Life Saving New Zealand’s experience as a case study and examine the following areas:
- Business and operational requirements identification.
- Two-way radio technology: analog, NXDN, DMR, Tetra, P-25.
- Terminals and accessories and their uses.
- Site identification and associated costs.
- Frequency applications, costs and implications.
- Site linking technology including pros and cons.
- Radio management systems, Radio over IP and connectivity links.
- Selecting a suitable manufacturer, dealer or vendor.
- User acceptance testing, commissioning reports, preventive and reactive maintenance.