This workshop is aimed at local government, small NGOs, businesses and independent groups that are looking to build and deliver a small, two-way, land mobile radio (LMR) network. This independent workshop will offer an insight into the requirements at a technology level and is not manufacturer or vendor specific.
The workshop will encompass the following:
- Business and operational requirements identification.
- Two-way radio technology: analog, NXDN, DMR, Tetra, P-25.
- Terminal and accessories and their uses.
- Site identification and associated costs.
- Frequency applications, costs and implications.
- Site linking technology including pros and cons
- Radio management systems, Radio over IP and connectivity links.
- Selecting a suitable manufacturer, dealer or vendor.