Integrated operations are aimed at creating value by bringing together the people, processes and technology to deliver and act on frequently captured information in real time.
Integrated operations improves production, drives recovery, reduces cost, improves safety and optimises work processes and hence productivity.
In this session we look at converged technologies (LMR, LTE, SIP, CCTV, SCADA, GIS etc) and how they have been deployed in real-world operation centres, focusing on:
- Understanding the challenges of the typically stovepiped IT and OT environments
- Understanding the value of leveraging IT/OT convergence to increase value to the enterprise
- Adding value to the increasing amount of highly actionable data from mobile field workers, equipment and operational processes
- Rapid advances in asset and work management applications built for operational optimisation from the ground up
- Improvement in safety and emergency procedure resulting from IT/OT convergence
- Cultural differences and a reluctance to change from in-house departments hindering IT/OT convergence
- Using communications as a critical component to the development of IT/OT convergence across the enterprise
- Open platforms and network connectivity that facilitate the integration and sharing of critical data across an organisation
This session considers operations holistically by expanding the discussion to include field, network and control room operations, applications, human factors, voice and data communications, integrated processes, security, mobility and data capture.