A critical communications network was designed and delivered for a new open-cut coalmining site operation in NSW.
The network consists of:
- LTE cellular equipment operating on private apparatus licences at three nodes.
- Self-healing licensed 500 Mbps backhaul ring.
- 7.5 kVA solar-powered skids and 30 Mtr free-standing masts.
- Robust underground and overhead 1/10Gig H3RO (Harsh Environment Reticulated Optics) distribution systems and
- Containerised data centre for IT functions such as redundant switches, servers.
The design delivers reliable data services and over-the-top applications such as push to talk, SIP client to fixed and mobile LTE devices on-site.
- Harsh operating environment.
- Mining Industry certifications for everything.
- Engineering LTE coverage across a changing terrain profile.
- Verifying actual coverage using Drive through testing.
- Meeting mining operator device expectations.
- Resistance to the changes in the operator’s terminals and procedures.
Stage 1 of the network is now installed and in operational use.
The evolution of smarter licensed LTE/IP networking technology is going to change how PTT users interact in the future.
The ongoing development of standards-based LTE systems and devices will enable more options in the delivery of data applications into private mission-critical networks.