The financial and logistical benefits tracking devices offer are endless: from securing low and high value assets, to reduced fuel costs, route optimisation, employee accountability and more. While asset tracking isn’t new, understanding which devices and connectivity is best suited for your tracking needs is critical and will save your business time and money down the road. Join Stuart German, with over 20 years of IT and telematics experience, as he gives an unbiased, clear and thought provoking presentation on ‘The Internet of Tracking’.
This session will cover the following topics:
- Asset tracking application in the Comms space
- Which connectivity option is right for me to locate my assets? (This will cover cellular (LTE) Telco options, RF, Satellite, LPWAN (Sigfox and LoRaWAN™), BT, and WiFi sniffing
- Where does IoT (Internet of Things) come into the equation
- What to look for in an asset tracking device
- How reliable are these devices and connectivity options?
Stuart German – Business Development, Digital Matter